Friday, June 10, 2011

Eclectic Summer: Right Balance of City, Country, and Everything Else

Monday night I went to a naked dinner party, filmed for a Food Network program. What? That’s right, and then I went salsa dancing…then rode my bike five miles home at 2 am. Then I woke up at 7:30, and after my run, yoga on the roof and garden watering, I put on my apron and spent half the day cooking fresh hummus and weeks worth of veggie burgers. Between going back and forth to the stove, I was writing an academic research paper (roughly 25 pages) about the social, environmental and economic sustainability of modern movements in Italy. In the evening when I needed a break, I walked to the park and sat with my (now) Senegalese friends who play music in the park several evenings a week right at the entrance near my home.

I sometimes wonder, if I ever chose to fill out a personal description for an online dating service, if as the program tried to match me the entire network would not freeze and send thousands of desperate singles into a panic until the problems are righted.

No comments:

Post a Comment