Thursday, June 16, 2011

Urban Gardening: Transplants Chirping Up


The leaves of the carrots--pathetically wilted when I brought them--are now gaining back their fibrous structure and standing tall!


The dead leaves mixed back into the soil, the broccoli plant is not up to 100% but it is definitely fending for itself!


Look at my tomatoes and eggplant grow!


The tomato plants are flowering!


My garden looks so healthy! Now that the stakes are in, the tomatoes seem to have found new confidence to stand up tall and reach for the sky. The broccoli, for whom I had the least hope, are showing signs of revival, with numerous little heads now pushing through. When it was not doing well, I cut off all of the dying leaves, tore them up, and mixed them back into the soil to return their nutrients to the rest of the plant. The leaves of the carrots that were horribly wilted after transplantation are slowly perking back up, and the onions are tempting me to pull them up and eat them right now! The basil has grown wildly; yesterday I cut off the ends, cleaned them, and stuck them in my freezer. When I gather enough, I will have to throw a pesto dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment