Friday, April 22, 2011

WWOOF Italy: Farm Three

4 April 2011

Google Map:

Visualizzazione ingrandita della mappa

Farm Three's Personal Description:

Since 1973, I have organically cultivated one hectare of land near the Parco del Conero (Ancona) and my aim is to be as self sufficient as possible. In the 1980s, we built the small house in which myself, my wife and our daughter (18) now live. We have a large vegetable garden for family use, 38 olive trees, a small vineyard, maize, legumes, 50 fruit trees, chickens, beehives, 4 small dogs and 4 cats. Part of the land is a semi-wild field of red clover, lucerne, clover, chicory and wild edible herbs -to create humus and to have a low maintenance winter garden. I am also a seed saver. I have a small workshop and teach wooden sculpture and model-making at a school. I am happy to share my skills with any interested WWOOFers. We eat nearly exclusively all our own produce. Accommodation in a small wooden house for 1-2 people, preferably for longer periods (2-4 weeks or longer). Apart from needing help with projects on our small piece of the planet, we hope to find friendship and share cultural exchange which will enrich everyone's lives. A little English and French spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment