Friday, April 22, 2011

WWOOF Italy Farm 2: Agritourism

15 March 2011

The location where I'm staying now is an agritourism and meditation retreat on a lovely 200 hectares of land. They practice a sitting yoga and follow Brahma Kumaris. As the WWOOFer job description is extremely vague, hosts can pretty much give us any possible job. Conveniently for them, I arrived a few days before a retreat group from England came, so they were able to put me to dusting chairs, arranging cupboards, and all sorts of work to prepare for the group. However--thank you, mom--I already am quite skilled in housewife jobs, so I was a little blue not to have been given more jobs outside, actually learning about farming.

Luckily, meeting local Bepe has been my saving grace. He works for Piero, and I met him to pick and clean carrots for a farmers market. Saturday morning, we spent together selling at the market with a full table: carrots, cabbage, sprouts, wild greens, oats, wheats, lentils, alfalfa, chickpeas...

No comments:

Post a Comment