Wednesday, May 18, 2011

WWOOF Italy: Farm Four

Google Map:


View Larger Map


Farm Four's Personal Description:
I live on and work this 20 ha organic farm the main production being olive oil, there is also an olive press on the farm where we press our olives. I also grow fruit and vegetables and exchange produce with other nearby farms to have a varied selection of produce to offer my customers whom I deliver boxes of vegetables to on a weekly basis. I need help all year round but especially during the olive harvest (October-November) and for pruning the olives (March-April). I can accommodate people for minimum of two weeks and give priority to people who want to come for longer. Our meals are mainly vegetarian using our own produce (but not exclusively). Accommodation is in the main house. I only speak Italian but am happy to host people who cannot speak my language. I live alone but fortunately never lack company, I always have friends and helpers who keep me company during the day and also during the evenings there are always people who like to share a plate of food and glass of wine with me. The farm is situated in the heart of the Maremma 15 km from the hot springs at Saturnia, 35 km from the sea.



Giancarlo's farm is in Ragnaie, located in the region of Grosseto, in the historical region of Marenma. Giancarlo's house is literally in a perfect location (if you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere), because it is a 15 minute drive from the largest natural hot springs in Europe; a 60 minute drive from the sea; and a 45 minute drive from the mountains. Giancarlo, when feeling in the mood, can drive to the town of Saturnia, and jump in the hot springs, parts naturally shaped like in a jacuzzi, and not pay a penny. And then perhaps after, if he pleases, he can drive the the majestic mideval town of Pitigliana, carved out of the mountains, to enjoy a nice pizza. Or if he prefers, perhaps the other way around. The hotsprings at night, usually with little to nobody around, are a perfectly romantic way to spend an evening, perhaps with some glasses of wine and dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment