Monday, July 30, 2012

Preparing for my Bicycle Journey

I graduated college.

I worked for a year.

I got sick of it.  

Life is slightly more complex than that, but I graduated with flying colors after having had dozens of different focuses in my studies; I followed one of them working for a year, had some growth, learning and success, but had reached my max in frustrating moving the organization forward as far as I could; and I was accepted into Teach for America, to begin June of 2013.  So I had almost a full year to go anywhere but bankrupt until I have a salary in Alabama next June.

And I am never one to let a good opportunity go to waste!

So, alas, it is time for me to go back to the drawing boards and learn, question and adventure some more.  I believe that I have come up with a fool-proof plan.

       - Move out of apartment in NYC-- Check.


       - Find a means of transportation-- Check.


       - Know the first place that I am going-- Check.
 


Month one is planned with the Superhero Bicycle Ride (picture of homemade cape to come).  Plan for months two through nine:  after month one, regroup and come up with next plan.

Mobile spontaneity, welcome back into my life!

1 comment:

  1. yes! i love meeting the digital you and adding this awesomeness to the caped you. enjoying perusing the blog and gaining perspective on your big vision. Love you long time, One Drop!

    ReplyDelete