Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 3 of WWOOFing in Italy

17 February 2010

The sun has returned! For the first time since my arrival, I removed my sweater (leaving only the undershirt, t-shirt, and long-sleeve shirt as still permanent adornment pieces). I’m contemplating a shower tonight…contemplating. My hair is in one solid mat (I’m far beyond the hope of brushing) and little bits of gravel fall out of my hairline every time I scratch my head, as I’ve been sanding stone walls high above my head or sanding next to someone sanding on a ladder. Today’s chores were varied: feeding the chickens and rabbits; more rock sanding; scrubbing the floor; and hoeing in the garden. It was quite the lovely day, but this farm does not believe in what I thought was WWOOF’s recommended “20 hours of work per week”. Working all day with Saturday morning also, that puts us at about twice what is recommended. Not that I mind so much work…but it makes the academic aspect that theoretically I should be doing simultaneously difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment